NICE is a short form of Nanomaterials Integration Competence Centre with the main activities of product development using a transdisciplinary approach and integration of science and engineering. NICE was established with the collaboration of some experts of:
- CREAM (Central Research and Animal Facility), one of the departments at Kulliyyah of Science, IIUM Kuantan Campus, and
- RUBIC (Research Unit for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology) at Kulliyyah of Science, IIUM Kuantan Campus.
- NanoRG (Nanoscience & Nanotechnology Research Group), a research group established at Kulliyyah of Engineering IIUM Gombak Campus
The pioneering work was the rapid kit test kit for Covid-19 pandemic. In the Industrial Revolution 4.0 (IR4.0), the predictive and precision technology resulting from predictive simulation tools in computational chemistry, materials modelling and biological simulations have powered the system integration of nanomaterials into advanced materials which are essential in the development of a portable, low cost, precise, and effective diagnostic.
To be the leading multidisciplinary competence centre for industry consultation & networking, community upskill training & knowledge sharing in the sustainable development of an effective, affordable & portable diagnostic
To accelerate the sustainable development of an effective, affordable, and portable diagnostic by using Nanotechnology & Nanomaterials with the integration of Science & Engineering and multidisciplinary expertise
- To work closely with collaborating partners and government agencies to enable rapid development of low-cost and affordable diagnostics from inception of idea to market using predictive simulations.
- To upskill and reskill researchers with world class multi-disciplinary knowledge that would make the next generation technical leaders that are fully equipped and ready for Malaysia’s transformation towards a developed nation.
- To conduct ethical commercially-viable projects that are in-line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) including humanity, health, security, safety and environment using predictive computational tools.